Job Title: Regional Catalyst – Sustainability
Salary Range: DOE
Application Closing Date: July 31, 2017
Location: Sitka, AK or Juneau, AK
The Sustainable Southeast Partnership (SSP) is a diverse network of organizations and individuals working together to reach cultural, ecological and economic prosperity for our communities and region.
We focus our work on four key issue areas that we believe can inspire widespread change across Southeast Alaska: localized economies, food security, energy independence and fisheries and forestry management. Our regional and community catalysts have supported the implementation of dozens of projects in these areas – from establishing a traveling greenhouse to modeling innovative multi-agency land management through the Hoonah Native Forest Partnership to launching an online farmers’ market.
The SSP has had significant success since its launch in 2010 and has continued to engage new partners who appreciate the benefits of collective action. For additional information on the SSP please visit sustainablesoutheast.net and check out our blog, videos and Google plus community.
Deliverables and Responsibilities
• Analysis of the SSP business case
• Due diligence report on funding models for collective impact networks
• Recommendation on best funding models for the SSP
• Final decision on SSP funding model achieved through a consensus-based process
• Transition plan to implement the new funding model
• Implementation of the transition plan
• Sustainability plans for priority partner projects, developed collaboratively with other catalysts
• Professional development of SSP partners and catalysts in the area of sustainability
• Sharing the SSP model to new regions and organizations
• Site visits to SSP communities
• Participation in regular monthly and annual communications and events across the network
Ideal Candidate will have:
• Experience in business or in business consulting
• Ability to analyze financial statements
• Understanding of diverse operational models including (but not limited to) for-profit, non-profit, co-ops,
tribal government, and municipalities
• Ability to work in complex political and social systems and across diverse stakeholder groups
• Excellent strategic planning and implementation skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Self starter and goals oriented
• Masters in Business Administration or Economics or related professional experience
• Experience working with collective impact networks
• Coaching and/or facilitation experience
• Excellent project management and design skills
• Familiarity with the SE region and history
**To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume including three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. If you have questions, you may contact us at 907-747-3132.