Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information technology, and/or six years of equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to provide support for and configure Dell Equalogic SANs.
- Ability to provide support for and configure Dell PowerEdge servers.
- Ability to install, configure, and manage VMWare ESXi 6.5 and above virtual environments.
- Working technical knowledge of Windows 2012 R2 and above domain services.
- Working technical knowledge of Office365.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to travel: 20%.
Preferred but not required:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, IIS, and SharePoint preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Citrix XenApp 7.x preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communications skills.
- Adept at reading and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Team oriented.
Position is subject to satisfactory completion of a background and reference check. A valid driver’s license is also required for this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time, walk, use hands and fingers to handle objects such as: tools, or controls to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and other computer components; reach with hands and arms; balancing; stooping; bending or crouching in tight spaces; talking and hearing. The employee must be able to safely lift / carry and / or move moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals that may weigh up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.